Monday, April 1, 2013

Quick Update

I wanted to thank everyone, most sincerely, for their words of encouragement and support.

I am doing okay. I talked with my OB and my husband, and given the risks we decided not to pursue meds at this point in my pregnancy. I have seen a nurse psychiatrist and we have agreed to meet again before I am due to discuss postpartum medications and other options.

Right now I am taking a high dose of fish oil (emulsified fermented cod livers from this source) which is surprisingly palatable. I won't say I look forward to it every day or anything, but I do not gag or fear my dose, which I know keeps many people away from fish oil. The flavor I bought is peppermint, and I swear, it tastes like peppermint. If anything lingers after I take the dose, it is not fishy, and that is good!

Everyone is keeping an eye on me, and I've had more than one person offer to come stay and help out at home if I need it.

My meals from Church ended last Friday (woe!) and that is currently by biggest obstacle. I need to eat, really really need to eat in order to function without nausea, but cooking is exhausting and most food is still disgusting to me. So we're working on creative ways to get me through this particular challenge. Ideally, my husband would come home early now that he has his own business, but that might not always be possible.

At any rate, prayers are appreciated. Thank you all so much for your love and concern.